Long Pine Heritage Society and Heritage House Museum
Located in the downtown area, this museum preserves Long Pine’s heritage. The residence was built in 1895 by dentist Henry W. Learn. By 1919 the home was used as a rooming house known as the Miller Hotel.
The importance of this building is directly tied to the significance of Long Pine as a prominent railroad town from the 1880's until 1992 when the last train come through town. The Miller Hotel always served the railroad workers and they were its main customers for over 50 years. It provided very simple and inexpensive rooms for working men. Of the five hotels that once stood in Long Pine, it is the only one left standing and in fact was used for boarders until 1984. The architecture of the building is very plain. Its function of providing plain rooms for tired, hungry and not so clean laborers fit its design very well.
Long Pine's Heritage Society formed to preserve the rooming house and purchased the building in 1985. Local history exhibits and a genealogy center now occupy the home. One room is devoted to a diorama of Long Pine’s railroad heyday in the 1930’s. Open Fridays and Saturdays, Memorial Day through Labor Day, 1-4 p.m.
Long Pine Heritage Society and Heritage House Museum is not affiliated with AmericanTowns Media